Mission: To facilitate global research in the field of GI endoscopy
WEO Research Workshop
Launched at APDW Hong Kong 2017, this Research Committee’s workshop covers essential topics in clinical research and is aimed primarily at early career endoscopists involved with endoscopy and device related research activity.
Research Workshop central topics include: how to design studies, interpret data and publish results, the importance of research to advance patient care, case control and cohort studies, statistical analysis, working with prototypes and many more.
To find out when is the next Research Workshop taking place, check our Events page.
WEO Research Workshop held in Jakarta, Indonesia – Presentations:
WEO Research Workshop at APDW 2018 Seoul – Presentations:
Encouraging young and talented researchers
From 2009-2015, the awards have been presented annually to three endoscopists who made a particularly important contribution to research in the field. Winners from around the world were selected by the Research Committee members, and chosen based on the importance of their work, and the quality of their publications.
- Lorenzo Fuccio (Italy)
- Alan Moss (Australia)
- Saowanee Ngamruengphong (Thailand)
- Tomofumi Akasaka (Japan) Short-term outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for early gastric neoplasm: multicenter survey by osaka university ESD study group: DIGESTIVE ENDOSCOPY 2011
- William D. Lyday (USA) Radiofrequency ablation of Barrett’s esophagus: outcomes of 429 patients from a multicenter community practice registry: ENDOSCOPY 2010
- Zhuan Liao (China) Indications and detection, completion, and retention rates of small-bowel capsule endoscopy: a systematic review: GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPY 2010
- Shu Hoteya (Japan) Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection for Gastric Submucosal Tumor, Endoscopic Sub-Tumoral Dissection: DIGESTIVE ENDOSCOPY 2009
- Asif Khalid (USA) Pancreatic cyst fluid DNA analysis in evaluating pancreatic cysts: a report of the PANDA study: GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPY 2009
- Vasileios Panteris (Netherlands) Colonoscopy perforation rate, mechanisms and outcome: from diagnostic to therapeutic colonoscopy: ENDOSCOPY 2009
- Kerry Dunbar (USA) Confocal laser endomicroscopy in Barrett’s esophagus and endoscopically inapparent Barrett’s neoplasia: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, controlled, crossover trial: GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPY 2009
- Jun Horaguchi (Japan) Endosonography-guided biliary drainage in cases with difficult transpillary endoscopic biliary drainage: DIGESTIVE ENDOSCOPY OCT 2009
- Emanuele Rondonotti (Italy) Small-bowel neoplasms in patients undergoing video capsule endoscopy: a multicenter European study: ENDOSCOPY 2008
- Evelien Dekker (Netherlands) Narrow-band imaging compared with conventional colonoscopy for the detection of dysplasia in patients with longstanding ulcerative colitis, Endoscopy 2007
- Akihiro Mori (Japan) Cardiovascular tolerance in upper gastrointestinal endoscopy using an ultrathin scope: Prospective randomized comparison between transnasal and transoral procedures: Digestive Endoscopy, 2008
- Virender Sharma (USA) Balloon-based, circumferential, endoscopic radiofrequency ablation of Barrett’s esophagus: 1-year follow-up of 100 patients, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2007
- Peter Mensink (Netherlands) Complications of double balloon enteroscopy: a multicenter survey Endoscopy, 2007
- Reina Pai (USA) Transcolonic endoscopic cholecystectomy: a NOTES survival study in a porcine model, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2006
- Teruyuki Usuba (Japan) Analysis of buried bumper syndrome after percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy due to use of a button-type kit. Digestive Endoscopy 2007