The program comprises of three training modules. Each module lasts six or seven days and takes place in different cities around the world, with intensive face-to-face training. The program can be completed between 15 and 18 months.
Each module covers both technical (e.g. teaching with models & simulators, new technologies) and soft skills (e.g. leadership skills, dealing with the media). Modules are organized in partnership with WEO Centers of Excellence and other renowned
teaching hospitals. All modules and training material are available in English only.
For more information about the curriculum, please contact the WEO Secretariat.
To participate in the Emerging Stars program, interested applicants should be:
- Trained and certified in gastroenterology and/or surgery in his/ her country of origin, with minimum of five years of experience in endoscopy
- Employed in a facility with sufficient number of staff and endoscopic procedures
- Have published in a renowned journal
- Demonstrated English proficiency
- Strong social and communication skills
- Under the age of 45 years
- Committed to attending all modules of the training (including ability to travel internationally)